Your Ad Here

Marvel's Ant-Man a hi-tech secret agent in his movie

Long attached director Edgar Wright(Scott Pilgrim) gives us a little insight into his take on Ant-Man for his feature outing.  Here is an excerpt from that interview:

Vanity Fair: You’ve been working on the comic book adaptation for a while. Is it ever actually going to happen?

Edgar Wright: I hope so, yeah. I’ve written a script, and once Scott Pilgrim is done I’m going to work on a second draft. It’s something I’ve been passionate about for awhile.

VF:Yeah, but ... Ant Man? Seriously? Isn’t he like Aqua Man with lower self-esteem?

EW:Not at all! I had a copy of the Tales to Astonish comic from the early 60s, which has his origin story. And I’ve been a fan ever since. I think it’s a really interesting high-concept idea.

VF:You’re an amazing director, Edgar, but I don’t know how this is going to work. I mean… Ant Man? The guy who becomes an ant? Isn’t that like trying to stop a mob boss with a box full of kittens?

EW:I know there’s a big stigma attached to it, mostly because every movie about shrinking has been about people in peril. I think it’d be great to do a shrinking film about a bad-ass secret agent.

VF:Okay, I see what you mean. I was thinking along the lines of Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

EW:Even something like The Incredible Shrinking Man, which is a fantastic film, is about a guy in trouble. But this is going to be nothing like that. It’s essentially a high-tech spy heist film with somebody with a very particular power.

VF:The awesome power ... of an ant!

EW:Trust me, it’ll be much cooler than you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here