Your Ad Here

Paul Bettany on returning to Iron Man 2



Some of you might be wondering was Paul Bettany part of the first Iron Man? Actually Bettany's character is the closest to Iron Man on the first movie because he voiced JARVIS. The A.I. that runs Tony Stark's house then the other voice in the Iron Man armor. JARVIS is an upgrade from the comics, where he is the Avenger's Butler.

When IGN caught up with Bettany, and ask if he will reprise his role in IM2, he said that he's not sure if he'll reprise his role and then added that he barely remembers doing the first one.





"It's as mysterious to me as it was the first time. And this is absolutely true: I was on the set of Legion. It was the weekend after Iron Man opened, and some of the crew came in and were like, 'Hey, I was listening to Iron Man. You're in Iron Man, right?' 'No, I'm not.' And they said, 'Well, it sounds like you.' And then I went, 'Oh, wait! I am!,'" Bettany recalled with a laugh. 

"It was an hour['s worth of work]. I got rung up. The director [Jon Favreau], who I know and have worked with as actors [in Wimbledon], said, 'Do you wanna do this thing?' 'Yeah, sure. F*** it. I'll do Iron Man.' I went in. He's a very funny human being, obviously, and I laughed my ass off for about an hour. Literally said a couple of lines, went downstairs, got in a cab and went home," Bettany said. "And I had, swear to God, wiped it out of my mind. People would say to me, 'You're in Iron Man!' 'No, I'm not. Oh, no, yeah, I suppose I am!' So, it's [just] as mysterious. I don't know what I'm doing, whether I come back or not." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here